Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

Month of June Favourites | Mariam

So we're in July and it's about time for a little monthly product round-up, I'd say. With exams and an imposed revision house-arrest taking up the most of June, I haven't been laying on the make-up, but there's a range of products that have caught my attention this month.



Dirty Work Glow Girl Buttery Salt Scrub


You may think "Hmmm, this looks a lot like a certain Soap and Glory product". Yes, and it's almost eerie how similar the Dirty Works range (exclusive to Sainsbury's) is to the more well-known and certainly more-expensive Soap and Glory Range. This scrub is lovely - it's essentially a salt scrub but the moisturising element to it means it doesn't dry the skin out, rather leaving it exfoliated, quenched and smooth. The smell is also really nice and fruity, again, a direct S&G rip-off.

M&S Ingredients Shea Body Butter


With the emergence of the M&S beauty halls, M&S cosmetics and beauty is certainly having a moment. I haven't been to one yet (though I will assure you, it won't be long!) but I have owned this shea body butter for a while. Unlike most body butters that are literally of a thick butter consistency, I'd compare this one to cottage cheese. This may not seem like the most appetising, but it does lend itself to a really quick application; sinking in almost instantly. It leaves behind a silky feeling rather than a greasy one, which I'm sure some body butters fans are all too familiar with. These also smell marvelous, by the way!

A couple of skincare numbers:

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
I shan't bang on about this cleanser, firstly because I think we all know the ins and outs already, but also because I want to save my skincare rant for a later date. I do love this product, and I do think I will keep repurchasing it until I'm old and grey.

The Body Shop Cucumber Water
This is my morning toner. I splash it on a cotton pad and smooth it all over my puffy, tired face. It cleanses, it tones, and the cucumber, aloe vera and ginseng have an amazing cooling effect on the skin. There is no nicer feeling than placing a soaked pad of this on my sleep-worn eyes. Such a refreshing and soothing feeling. It's currently £2 at The Body Shop - so cheap for how great I think this product is.

Make-up:

Barry M Natural Dazzle Compact


This is a long-unloved, recently-rediscovered product. It's a very strange bronzer - it's purply, brown, dusky but certainly not orangey. I've been using this left, right and centre lately, mainly because I think it complements my skintone and looks more natural than other bronzers I've used. It has a great sculpting effect and I believe it's the sort of shade that could work as a contour for pale-skinned people.

Korres Mango Lip Butter


This is my second lip butter, and I've already got my eye on Pomegranate and Guava. The texture of these is really buttery and they do a lot to nourish the lips. When I first got the colour, I thought it was a bit too bright, but once this is blended into the lips, it forms a lovely coat of colour with a shiny, balmy look.

Topshop Kohl Eyeliner in Saddle


There's two main reasons why this is now in my favourites. Firstly, it's my go-to eyeliner that I use every day. Secondly, I accidentally put this in the washing machine and it's still as good as new. It's clear to see - this eyeliner and I were meant to be together!

What were your favourites this month? Let's pray July treats us with more cosmetic wonders, as well as Mediterranean-style sunshine.

Mariam xx








2 comments:

  1. I have seen all of the beauty products myself and i can guarantee that they all smell very nice and refreshing.
    I would keep an eye on your blog and would like to see more products that you use because this is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Mr M. I look forward to seeing your further feedback. <3

    ReplyDelete